Large 160 ACRE PROPERTY
LAND HOLDING INVESTMENT
If you love to fish, hunt, ATV trail riding or you just want to enjoy the beauty of the Canadian wilderness, you'll find this property offers you many choices.
This can be your get-away property.
Hunt your property and the surrounding Crown Lands.
Fish on the beautiful Frederick House River
This 160-acre parcel of land is perfectly situated along Frederick House River, in the Unorganized Township of Little.
This property is paradise for the adventure seeker who is looking for a remote location to live off the land.
There are many logging roads that come from Highway 101 and lead close to the property
Another option is to take a canoe or kayak down the Frederick House River to the property.
You will have land on either side of the river
This is paradise for people who love to portage.
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is within the UNORGANIZED TOWNSHIP OF LITTLE.
For those who love the outdoors and all that it offers, this area is a nature lover's paradise.
Hunt in one of the BEST wilderness areas of Ontario.
For those who prefer more challenging activities, take a canoe trip along the FREDERICK HOUSE RIVER right from your own property.
The area offers an incredible variety of activities for winter enthusiasts.
The property is surrounded by some of the best snowmobile trails in the world.
Or, spend the day cross country skiing to your favorite ice fishing spot and catch some dinner.
Your winters will be just as enjoyable as the summers.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
This parcel of land fronts on both sides of the FREDERICK HOUSE RIVER.
The main body of land is on the West side of Frederick House River.
But, There is roughly 2 acres on the East side of the river as well.
The property has 330 meters (1,080 feet) of frontage on EACH SIDE OF Frederick House River.
The properties size is approximately 2,630 feet x 2,650 feet.
It is Relatively level throughout
ABOUT FREDERICK HOUSE RIVER
The Frederick House River is a river in the James Bay and Moose River drainage basins in Cochrane District.
The Frederick House River begins at Night Hawk Lake in Timmins at an elevation of 274 metres (899 ft).
It flows 100 kilometres (62 mi) from Night Hawk Lake, through Frederick House Lake and eventually connects to the mouth of the Abitibi River.
This property is located 4.8 km’s (3 miles) North of Frederick House Lake.
SURFACE RIGHTS COME WITH THIS PROPERTY
MINING RIGHTS COME WITH THIS PROPERTY
TREE RIGHTS COME WITH THIS PROPERTY other than the “Pine Rights” which are reserved to the Crown.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY
There are a couple of ways to access this property.
From the South:
- From the city of Timmins at the intersection of Highway 101 and Carrigan Road.
- Head North on Carrigan Road and continue for 3.2km’s
- Make a right turn at Frederick House Lake Road and continue for 270 meters.
- Make a right turn (head North) on Ice Chest Lake Road and continue for 14.3 km’s
- Ice Chest Road is a municipally maintained road (Snow removal in the winter).
- From here (GPS = 688621, -81.019902) make a right turn onto a logging road.
- The logging road is roughly 10km’s west of the subject property.
- Use the GPS coordinates and satellite images to find your way through the logging roads.
From the East:
- From highway 11 head west on Wilson Lake Road for 9 km (5.6 miles)
- From here there is a logging road that covers crown land.
- Take the logging road for 3.8 km’s (2.4 miles).
- You will need an ARGO for this section as there are small creeks that you will need to cross.
- This will take you to the Northeast corner of the property on the east side of the river.
- Keep in mind the larger section of the property is on the West side of the property.
By Canoe or Kayak:
- According to google maps, it looks like there is an area where you could launch a canoe/kayak into the Frederick House River at the North end of Frederick house Lake.
- Take the Frederick House River North for 4.8 km’s (3 miles).
- You are now at the Southeast corner of the property.
As we mentioned, this property is your ultimate remote access property.
This parcel has Crown land bordering all four corners of the property.
BENEFITS OF OWNING LAND IN AN UNORGANIZED TOWNSHIP.
Low Property Taxes
NO OFFICIAL PLAN so that means NO ZONING or ZONING BY-LAWS
Since there is no zoning or zoning by-laws and building permits are not required the you can build whatever size of building that you want, build as many buildings as you want and have no building restrictions as to what you can do on your property.
Remember that whatever you build will have to conform to the Ontario Building Code if you want your buildings insured.
LIKE TO FISH?
Fishing in the FREDERICK HOUSE RIVER is an adventure on its own.
This river is part of a large system of lakes, rivers, and streams, which connect Night Hawk Lake to Frederick House Lake and then continues North to the Abitibi River and then eventually connects with Moose River and ends up in Hudson Bay.
Whether you’re spinning, baitcasting or fly fishing your chances of getting a bite here are good.
LIKE TO HUNT?
Located in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) 30
LIKE TO SNOWMOBILE?
Northern Ontario is known as snowmobiler's paradise.
The trails in this area trails connect you with the surrounding areas as well as great scenery.
This property is a quick ride to trails managed by: Timmins Snowmobile Club Trail, and Timiskaming Abitibi Trail Association
Iroquois Falls is a town in Northern Ontario, Canada, with a population of 4,537 at the 2016 census.
The town centre lies 11 km east of Hwy 11 on the banks of the Abitibi River, west of Lake Abitibi.
Sign UpRegister today and access additional property information.
Already have an account? Login